Wesley United Methodist Church is a vibrant, Christ-centered church that is meeting the spiritual needs of the Vienna community. We are located at 711 Spring Street SE, Vienna, Virginia 22180, at the corner of Spring Street and Moore Avenue.
If you are seeking a church home which encourages:
- Caring and supportive fellowship
- An active and devoted prayer life and study of scripture
- Support for local and world missions
- An open, responsive awareness to the presence and power of God’s Holy Spirit
Come join us!
Usher Volunteers Needed for Traditional Service - The duties include (1) distributing bulletins (2) collecting the offering during the service and (3) collecting attendance sheets at the end of the service, along with adjusting materials in the pew racks. If a sufficient number of volunteers agree to serve, then each person would be needed only one or two months during the year. Should you be interested in this service, please contact the Church Office.
Higher Ground Service - Sunday, March 29
Our Higher Ground Service will begin as always at 8:45am this Sunday - and we hope that everyone will be joining us to share their youthful exuberance in singing some cool, worshipful Christian contemporary songs.
Super Palm" Sunday as we'll share some wonderfully popular songs, including a heart warming new song called "Because He Lives (Amen)" that is a very popular christian contemporary song. We hope this special song and others will inspire all to sing along while we worship God.
All of the songs we'll be singing will bring a lot of thoughtfulness, youthfulness and worshipful lyrics for each of us to enjoy and to sing along with everyone in the congregation. Children of all ages are encouraged to join us and worship God in a relaxed and friendly setting.
Send your kids on an icy expedition!
At Everest Vacation Bible School, kids embark on the coolest adventure of the summer! VBS will be held July 6-10. Visit our VBS page for information and registration form.
Easter Week Services
Maundy Thursday, April 2
- Maundy Thursday Service at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary
- Good Friday Tenebrae Service at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary
Easter Sunday, April 5
- Sunrise Service at 6:30am in the Sanctuary, followed by breakfast at 7:30am in the Fellowship Hall
- Contemporary Service at 8:45am in the Fellowship Hall
- Traditional Service at 11:00am in the Sanctuary
Please Be a Good Neighbor
Our neighbors have noticed people attending services speeding as well as blocking residents’ driveways. If you are able to do so, please park in our lot instead of on the street. As good Christians and good neighbors, we need to slow down and “drive friendly.”
Children are always welcome in our worship services, but we have other options, too – please choose whatever is best for your family:
- Our nursery downstairs, Room 112, is available for 0-4 year olds during Sunday School and both worship services
- Children’s Church meets after the Children’s Message during the 11:00 service. We go to room 105 and will return the children to the sanctuary during the last hymn.
Children are welcome to pick up a canvas worship bag from the large basket behind the greeters. They contain coloring books, crayons, note pads, and books. After worship, please return the bag, but keep any “masterpieces” your child has made.