Wesley United Methodist Church is a vibrant, Christ-centered church that is meeting the spiritual needs of the Vienna community. We are located at 711 Spring Street SE, Vienna, Virginia 22180, at the corner of Spring Street and Moore Avenue.
If you are seeking a church home which encourages:
- Caring and supportive fellowship
- An active and devoted prayer life and study of scripture
- Support for local and world missions
- An open, responsive awareness to the presence and power of God’s Holy Spirit
Come join us!
Wednesday Night Worship Service
Our Wednesday Night Worship Service began on Wednesday, September 16, at 7:00pm. It consists of singing, praying, and a brief message. It is held in the Fellowship Hall and lasts approximately 30 minutes. We hope you will join us. We consider this to be a meaningful midweek pause from our busy schedules. We do not look upon this as a substitute for Sunday Worship.
Fall for Wesley - October 25
We will continue our 125th year celebration with a Fall for Wesley on Sunday, October 25, from 11:00am to 3:00pm
- 11:00am Worship in the Sanctuary
- 12:15pm Fall Picnic in the Fellowship Hall with homemade chili
- 12:45pm DVD. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charley Brown, will be shown for children in the Children’s Library
- 12:45pm Wii and air hockey in the Youth room
- 1:00pm Seniors meet in the Lounge to share three to five of their best pictures of days gone by
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm Moon Bounce outside along with pumpkin toss and games
- 2:00pm Praise Concert on the Lawn
Shepherd Center of Oakton-Vienna's (SCOV) Fundraiser
The Shepherd Center of Oakton-Vienna's (SCOV) annual community fundraiser will take place on Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 3pm at Oakton High School, 2900 Sutton Road, Vienna, VA 22181. The event will feature a performance by Mack Dryden; a comedian and humorous speaker. For more information, check the SCOV website.
Please Be a Good Neighbor
Our neighbors have noticed people attending services speeding as well as blocking residents’ driveways. If you are able to do so, please park in our lot instead of on the street. As good Christians and good neighbors, we need to slow down and “drive friendly.”
Children are always welcome in our worship services, but we have other options, too – please choose whatever is best for your family:
- Our nursery downstairs, Room 112, is available for 0-4 year olds during Sunday School and both worship services
- Children’s Church meets after the Children’s Message during the 11:00 service. We go to room 105 and will return the children to the sanctuary during the last hymn.
Children are welcome to pick up a canvas worship bag from the large basket behind the greeters. They contain coloring books, crayons, note pads, and books. After worship, please return the bag, but keep any “masterpieces” your child has made.